When it comes to bookkeeping and accounting, the task can seem daunting, right? I know how you feel. The great news, all of us have access to Quickbooks. Quickbooks is easy to use, easy to learn and can save you a lot of time.
QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that combines a variety of accounting processes into one user-friendly system. The software’s primary function is to alleviate the use of multiple tables, spreadsheets, and tracking sheets required to document and conserve accounting tasks at a company. Accounting figures are also easily reconciled for tax purposes with QuickBooks. The software was developed by Intuit and can be customized based on the needs of the business utilizing the software.
What does it do?
- Accurately tracks income and expenses keeping you “tax return ready” all year long.
- Allows you to import or manually enter all banking, credit card and loan transactions in real time or after the fact, utilizing an auto recall for each transaction which saves you time, thereby saving you money.
- Generates and keeps track of invoices to customers, payments and outstanding balances at a glimpse. Allows you to email invoices straight to your customer. Allows customers to pay online directly to your bank account.
- Easily enter bills and print checks in order to keep track of outstanding items and due dates at a glance. With QuickBooks Bill Pay add on via direct connect banking you can pay your bills directly through QuickBooks electronically.
- Allows you to prepare payroll each pay period, notifying you when tax payments are due and when quarterly reports need to be filed. Or let Intuit do the payroll for you.
- Keeps Customers, Vendors and Employee contact information at your fingertips.
- Allows you to store PDF copies of your bills, invoices and any other pertinent information and attach directly to the transaction in QuickBooks, thus allowing you to go paperless if you so desire.
- Track Inventory and generate purchase orders.
- Print professional reports easily and accurately. Allowing you to customize your reports the way you want and need to see them.
At the end of the day most people are in business to double their profit and be successful. One of the primary functions of QuickBooks is to tell you just that: How much money your company has gained or lost over a period of time. The profit and loss report lists all the money you have paid out over a specific time, and all the money you have earned over that same amount of time. Your costs are then subtracted from your income to give your net income. At Virtual Jeannie, we will help you set up your account and give you a tour on how to use it.